Mitsubishi FUSO Ireland
Mitsubishi FUSO Ireland
Mitsubishi FUSO Ireland
Mitsubishi FUSO Ireland
Mitsubishi FUSO Ireland
Mitsubishi FUSO Ireland

About Us

Locate a Dealer

Mitsubishi FUSO Dealer Map Find your local FUSO Canter dealer in Ireland

Click here to search for your local dealer.

Follow us on Facebook

Mitsubishi FUSO Ireland on Facebook

FUSO History

FUSO in Europe
With its Canter, FUSO is present in more than 30 European countries in the 3.5-7.5-t segment. The headquarters for European sales & after sales are located in Stuttgart (Germany). 
The Canter is produced exclusively for the European markets in the production facility in Tramagal (Portugal) with more than half of the vehicle components coming from European suppliers.
Over 900 service outlets for our customers Europe-wide help to keep you on the move.
The following pages provide an overview of the company and its activities.

The history of FUSO
The FUSO brand name first appeared in 1932 in conjunction with Mitsubishi Heavy Industries' first, "B46" commercial bus. Built at Mitsubishi Heavy Industries' Kobe Shipyard and Machine Works, the bus was seven metres long and could carry 38 passengers. It was powered by a 7-litre, 6-cylinder petrol engine producing 100 horsepower.
To mark the delivery of the B46 bus to its first customer, the Japanese Ministry of Railways, the company invited employees to submit suggestions for a nickname. "Fuso" was the winning candidate.
To find out more about FUSO's history, please use the right-hand navigation bar.

1932

29

First B46 built and named "FUSO" at Mitsubishi Shipbuilding Co. Ltd's Kobe Works

1949  
3 FUSO Motor Sales Co. Ltd., established
1964  
3

Mitsubishi FUSO Motors and Shin Mitsubishi Motors Sales Co. merge to form Mitsubishi Motors

1970  
3

Mitsubishi Heavy Industries signs joint venture agreement with Chrysler

1982  
3

FUSO brand celebrates 50th anniversary

1984  
33

MMC merges with Mitsubishi Motor Sales Co. Ltd

1985  
3

MMC and Mitsubishi Corporation establish joint equity company Mitsubishi Trauck of America, Inc.

1999  
3

MMC and AB Volvo enter equity and operational alliance covering truck and bus operations.
AB Volvo acquires 5% of MMC Stock.

2001  
3 2001 DaimlerChrysler replaces AB Volvo as MMC`s allience partner in the truck and bus sector.
MMC renames Tokyo Plant referred to externally as the Kawasaki Plant.
2004  
3

2004 DaimlerChrysler, Mitsubishi Motors and Mitsubishi group companies hold respective equity stakes of 65%, 20% and 15% in Mitsubishi FUSO Truck and Bus Corporation which was established in 2003.

2005  
3

DaimlerChrysler increases its stake in MFTBC by 20% to 85%. The remaining 15% is owned by Mitsubishi group companies.

2006  
3

Mitsubishi Fuso becomes part of DaimlerChrysler's newly formed Truck Group which also includes Freightliner in NAFTA and Mercedes Benz Trucks in Europe and Latin America.

2007  
3

Mitsubishi FUSO is now a part of Daimler AG. The renaming of Daimler AG took effect on 4th October 2007.

2011  
333

Daimler AG increases its stake in MFTBC to 89.3 %.

2012  
333

The FUSO Canter Eco Hybrid was launched at the end of 2012. On launch it was the world’s first commercial vehicle that combines a DUONIC dual-clutch transmission with a hybrid engine. The right-hand drive hybrid vehicle has sold more than 1,200 units in markets like Japan, Australia, Ireland and Hong Kong.

2014  
333

The Canter E-Cell is the first purely electrically powered light truck brought out in test mode in 2014. The FUSO Canter E-Cell has proven to be extremely practical in daily transport routines and has an EV range of up to 100KM.

2016  
333

FUSO presented the third generation of the world's first all-electric light truck at the 2016 IAA Commercial Vehicles Show. FUSO will start a small series production run of vehicles which will be delivered to customers in Europe, the USA and Japan from 2017 onwards.